Fraud is the use of some form of deceptive means for one’s own personal gain. There are perhaps more crimes in the state that can be considered fraud than any other type of crime, which is why it’s important to have a defense attorney who can help you if you are arrested. Do not fight charges alone. A dedicated Newnan fraud lawyer can help you build a defense and negotiate on your behalf for a favorable outcome.
Misdemeanor and Felony Fraud Offenses
Some of these of misdemeanors and some are felonies carrying significant penalties. Fraud comes in many shapes and sizes, they include:
- Solicitation to Commit Election Fraud
- Bank Account Fraud
- Unlawful Use of Financial Transaction Card
- Deceptive and Fraudulent Activity
- Deceptive Business Practice
- Hindering Enforcement of Security Interest in Property
- Improper Solicitation of Money
- Damaging, destroying, or secreting property to defraud another person
- Telephone solicitation for charitable contributions
- Fraud in Obtaining Public Housing or Reduction in Public-Housing Rental Charges
- Obtaining refund w/ false ID
- Unauthorized solicitation of peace officer or fire service org.
- Prompt payment for the purchase of products or chattels
- Credit Repair Service Organization
- Foreclosure Fraud
- Misrepresenting origin of timber or agricultural commodities
- Unlawful automated sales suppression devices
- Veteran status fraud
- Altering or Removing Identification
- Criminal use of an Article with Altered Identification Mark
- Removal of Animal Identification
- Motor Vehicle Emissions and Safety Fraud
- Compliance of motor vehicles with emission and safety standards
- counterfeit or nonfunctional airbags in motor vehicles; selling or installing a system that causes the diagnostic system to give an inaccurate report.
- Identity Fraud
- Identity Fraud to Gain Employment
- Identity Fraud
- Attempt or Conspiracy to Commit Identity Fraud
- Computer Security
- Unlawful Deceptive Computer Activity
- Unlawful Computer Control or Access
- Unlawful Computer File Sharing
Regardless of the fraud offense you have been arrested or accused of, a vigorous attorney in Newnan can help you fight the charges.
Let a Newnan Fraud Attorney Help You
No matter what the charge, fraud cases often include intense amounts of paperwork and documents and the accusations may span weeks, months, or even years. It is critical that you hire a Newnan fraud lawyer as soon as possible. If you think you are under investigation, or if you have already been arrested, then it is time to contact us.